Zé is a proof to the tradition that the biggest gift an artist can have is his eyes. To look outwards, recognize the other, extract enough of the outer world to compose his own interior portrait.
Commission This Artist
Born in Olímpia-SP, the artist has lived in London and São Paulo. Zé’s relationship with art began while drawing friends and live models in design school. After working for a while in studios, he found himself as a freelance illustrator. And are these strokes that you can see on the pages of the biggest magazines, editorials and prints in Brazil and around the world.
The artist Zé Otávio roams freely through themes and techniques. Colorful, chaotic, defiant, sexy, androgynous, provocative.
Editora Abril, Editora Globo, Companhia das Letras, Penguin Classics, Hearst Magazines, Ideafixa, Lollapalooza, Itaú Cultural, O Estado de São Paulo, Folha de SP
- “Sketchbooks” at POP Gallery / Rojo ArtSpace SP
- Moda Ilustrada – Estilo e Tendência | Olido Gallery SP
- “Magioska” at Pop Gallery organized by Magenta Gallery
- IlustraBrazil! China | The Foundry Gallery, Xangai
- Fashion and Art | Alliance Française Sao Paulo
- VANITAS 2012 / 2013 – PLUS Gallery / GO
- CONTENDO ARTE – PLUS Gallery / GO
- E(FEMME)RA – Urban Arts SP
- lustraBrasil! 6, 7, 8, 9 e 10 SIB / Senac SP
- SAO PAULO – Ornitorrinco Gallery SP
- “Impressões Sonoras” FNAC / PLUS Gallery / GO
- 2011 | IlustraBrazil! China | The Foundry Gallery, Xangai
- Illustration Now! 5 – Taschen
- Lürzer’s Archive 200 Best Illustrators Worldwide 14/15
- Illustration Now! Fashion – Taschen
- 1,000 Portrait Illustrations: Contemporary Illustration from Pencil to Digital
- Sketchbook Experience: Zé Otavio
Visit Artist Website