Michael Byers uses his optimistic and whimsical attitude to create fun, dynamic, and emotionally driven illustrations. His line work is deliberate and full of energy achieving an instant organic feel to his work.
Michael has been published in many forms and places with clients such as; The New York Times, Plansponsor, Oprah Magazine, Entertainment Weekly, Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, Boston, Globe, LA Times, RunnersWorld, BusinessWeek, Atlantic Monthly, Baltimore, Village Voice, Seattle Met, Houstonian, Hollywood Reporter, and more. He’s been selected for American Illustration Annual’s. He’s a member or the Society of Illustrators in New York City. He’s been featured in several Society of Illustrators juried group shows.
Michael loves a great cup of coffee, listening to great music, and watching stand up comedy. He lives with his wife, daughter, and two cats. When he’s not doing illustrations you can find him doodling in his sketchbook.
Compendium, Nickelodeon, Politico, Maxim, Sports Illustrated, Entertainment Weekly, Variety, New York Times, San Fransisco Chronicle, Golf Digest, Mental Floss Magazine, Houstonian, Plansponsor, Uppercase Gallery, NY Observer, Money Magazine, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, LA Times, BusinessWeek, Atlantic Monthly, Harvard Business Review, Runner’s World, Bicycling, Baltimore, Family Circle, The Village Voice, BBDO, Cole & Weber, The Walrus, 5280, Seattle Met, Portland Monthly, Texas Monthly, Hollywood Reporter, Bicycling, Men’s Health, Men’s Journal, Outside, Outdoor Life, Billboard Magazine, Hemisphere, The National Post, Scouting Magazine, Boys Life, Grantland, Field and Stream, Capstone Publishing, Adweek, INC Magazine, Hour Detroit, Bloomberg, Women’s Health, Newsweek, Boy’s Life, CBS Watch, Chicago Booth, Globe and Mail, Fortune, MacWorld, School Library Journal, Smithsonian, and more.
- 2016 – Selected for American Illustration 35 Annual
- 2016 – Accepted into Society of Illustrators 59 Annual
- 2015 – Selected for American Illustration 34 Annual
- 2015 – Accepted into Society of Illustrators 58 Annual
- 2014 – Accepted into Society of Illustrators 57 Annual
- 2013 – Award of Excellence from Communication Arts
- 2013 – First in Excellence in Illustration category for the 28th Annual Pa’i Awards
- 2013 – Choosen for American Illustration 32 (Website)
- 2012 – Choosen for American Illustration 31 (Website)
- 2012 – Accepted into Society of illustrators 55 Annual
- 2011 – 200 Best Illustrators Worldwide by Luerzer’s Archive
- 2011 – Choosen for American Illustration 30 (Website)
- 2011 – Accepted into Society of Illustrators 54 Annual
- 2010 – Accepted into Society of Illustrators 53 Annual Competition: Editorial & Advertising
- 2010 – Selected into Luerzer’s Archive “200 Best Illustrators Worldwide 2011/2012”
- 2010 – Selected for Taschen’s new book Illustration Now Portraits
- 2010 – Choosen for American Illustration 29 (Website)
- 2009 – Selected for American Illustration 28
- 2008 – Selected for American Illustration 27
- 2007 – Accepted into Society of Illustrators of Los Angeles Illustration West 46
- 2007 – CMYK new creatives No. 39
- 2007 – Merit Award winner for 3×3 magazine Student Awards Annual.
- 2007 – Selected as a finalist for the American Illustration Website.
- 2006 – Hambly and Woolley Award for Best in Show at Sheridan Third Year Show
- 2006 – Applied Arts Magazine Student Awards Annual.
Visit Artist Website